Love is Both a Path and a Guide ~~ Original Poems and Photographs by Rodney Standage, Gilbert Arizona

~~ Read Critically ~ Write Consciously ~ Speak Clearly ~ Tell Your Truth -Clint Smith





Saturday, July 1, 2017

Magnified



Blue Heron and Wild Horses, Lower Salt River Arizona June 2017

There is a thing I seem to know
It blankets all like drifted snow
I did not know how deep it ran
Until I taught it to someone

A simple question asked of me
Reply ten minutes to complete
The things I said I clearly see
The words that flowed surprising me

I spoke the first, the middle, last
The future, now and in the past
The up and down I seemed to know
When I stopped speaking I still had more

For me it was a music sung
A language from my mother tongue
Sleep fled mine eyes, body soul
Replaced with passion to let them know

For twenty years I lived this thing
Each week I gave the best of me
Through up and down a steady pace
Digging deep ‘til storms would cease

Oh what a joy to share the things
That came to me on angel’s wings
As I would pray to a solve task
“Oh Lord my God what need I lack?”




No comments:

Post a Comment